Friday, August 12, 2005

Dam!!


Well I finally came back to Panama from Barbados. My brand new apartment is still as I left it.

I imagened a very stoic setting, white walls, rectangular lines in the furniture, no curves. Just black, whites and natural wood colours.




Mom, instead, during my absent, put pictures in the walls, bought a morrocan lounge set instead of the ones I told her to buy, ufff :( now I’ve to rethink everything. I think the only place I would be able to manage as I wanted would be my room.




But then, in me always coexisted both the austere and the adventurous so I thing I still may pull a mix of both.




I visualize the living room as a mix of western and east stuff. Not overcluttered, comfy, like the living room of a traveler that enjoys to be surrounded by their mementos brought from his trips.




I rarely eat at home, and more rarely had more that one visit to stay over, so instead of going for a full dinner table I’m thinking of a breakfast table for two, like those sets on the old taverns in Boquete, 50’s style. Chrome, bright reds, a big painting in the wall and memorabilia.




Well, so far, so good.

No comments: