Friday, June 02, 2006

On the pain of Avalokitesvara

/

I remembered her, she was smiling and laughing the first time I saw her
She shined in the innocence of her thoughts
A “Special”, as the “normals” say
Her joy was so contagious I started to shine myself

Her left hand handling pieces of lottery for sale
Her void eyes looking sad and ashamed at the floor
Her thoughts wandering about more happier times
Her light was shunned out

I remembered her
My eyes started to flow with tears
Mom told me her old mother had died
And now she had to see for herself

I remembered the light
I remembered her joy
My heart ached

I’m a failure because I can’t help others the way I want
I’m a failure because I’m unable to help them
Mine is the pain of a father, unable to help his children
Mine is the pain of Avalokitesvara

No comments: