Sunday, June 17, 2007

Couchsurfing...

Meeting new people always terrify me, now, asking a stranger to host me for a couple of days in a place far away from home, well, I hadn’t done that before, so, why not, that’s what facing fears is about right?

I’m writting this from a small bedroom at Dave’s house, outside you can hear the bird sings and the insects doing their mating calls, stoped raining a couple of minutes ago, I’m at El Valle, an old volcano caldera (the Valley is actually the volcano’s caldera) in Cocle, Panama.

Dave loaned me his bike and I went for a tour of the town, rain got me in my way, I was soaked, but God it felt good, the rain was cool, not cold, I ended having lunch at a small restaurant called “Niña Delia”, seafood pasta and white wine, it was good and cheap, actually there were more seafood than pasta. At the market in the center of the town I bought a quartz laced in leather, I like it and bought it, tought I’m unsure who I’m going to give it, also asorted local treats I hadn’t seen since childhood and some bracelets with the panamenian flag to give as gifts to my guests back at home.

I guess I can write off this fear. :-)

No comments: