Monday, May 05, 2008

Grateful to be able to feel ungrateful

I’d been dreaming with water all the weekend, everywhere within my dreams, running water, clear pristine water, oceans of water. My favourite environment seemed to be the motiff on whatever my mind has been trying to tell me all weekend. So I wake up this morning with a positive outlook to the small drizzle of rain, after all, I love rainy season.

Then I turned on the TV and the first glimpes of the Burma tragedy kicked in, there was the beautiful water that flowed so benign within my dream world wracking havoc half the world across.

I’m Grateful for my country being spared of such natural disasters.

I’m Grateful for water that gives life, and that may take it.

I’m Grateful for the wrath I felt, the rage against a absent landlord sometimes I wish would be looking our way more often.

I’m Grateful to be ungrateful.

I’m Grateful for water in the form of tears.

No comments: