Friday, November 09, 2007

Progress...

Water:

  • Found a way to avoid the water keeping pouring after the timer turned off the bomb. The tank gets filled with two gallons of water, the setup looks awfull but I’ll work on the aesthetics next sunday, the mechanical timer I got has increments of 5 minutes, however the soil keeps moist with far less water than just pouring a whole jar on it. Sub-task 1 completed.
    Sometimes I forget and leave open the shower out of habit, need to work on that.
    *The pitcher advice worked well.
    *Got a sponge based mop and ditched the strands based ones, it takes less water to rinse it.
    *I’m doing the laundry once a week instead of every other day.

Gas:

Turned off the water heater. Only miss it in the morning :-(
Since I’m on a diet I’m not cooking big dishes, every dish I cook takes less than two minutes to get ready.
*Hanging instead of using the drying machine.

Electricty:

Being unable to find those motion sensing sockets for the lights.
Replaced all the incandescents bulbs at home by fluorescents less the one at the living room but I barely use the living at night anyways.
*Unpluggin any charger/electronics I’m not using.
*Tracking solar chargers for small electronics in town.

Gasoline:

Don’t own a car so no problem on that.
*Hiring cabs already with passengers. Using public transport or walk whenever I can. There are taxis using gas instead of gasoline out there, but they are the minority, thinking on making an arrangement with one to take me to work every morning and when I need to do errands out of public transportation routes.

Air Travel:
*None planned this year

The Carbon footprint calculator puts mine down average, that’s cool!!! Will mark this done.

No comments: