Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stars

I went late to my apartment complex gym, once there, tought of going for a swim. The water was way cold, I swam for 5 minutes and then just allowed the water to support my weight, tired and warm, the water no longer feeling cold, I got on my back and watched the night sky, just over my point of view was standing the Orion constellation, a man suspended in heaven and myself suspended in water, the weightlessness and the whole sky covering almost my entire field of view made me feel for an instant I was actually in space, I felt vertigo and lose my buoyancy after resurfacing got off the water with a big laugh and coughing.

A friend asked in his facebook page how many stars are in the sky, I was going to answer him 10 Teras, but then, a more obvious answer come to my mind: enough to makes us wonder. Not too few to not be interested on them, not too many to scare us.

No comments: