Friday, January 11, 2008

Weird dreams...


Had one of the weirdest dreams with him, I'm not sure I can even catalog it as such, I could wake up, do stuff, go back to bed, and the dream would proceed from the point I opened my eyes and got up of bed.

It was more as if the dream was a play rehearsal, and the characters would politely await for me to return my attention to them.

It started with a nun and a pauper telling me someone needed to talk to me, we went down trough a manhole in the street to a filthy tunnel and then underwater to the point I started to run out of air and lose consciousness.

(First interruption)

We got out of the water, all wet and cold and got into El's lair, I'd not been there in ages. El was talking with someone, he looked at me and winked. The nun help me change my clothes while the pauper offered me tea.

I hadn't seen El in my dreams since we had that big argument when I was 14 I think, I barely recognized him, he looked decades older than me, well, he always was the eldest, he pointed to a couch while morphing himself into a younger version.

I couldn't see who he was talking, since the guy never turned back when we arrived, what an unpolite guy I thought and I realized it was me.

(Second interruption).

We huged for a while, he started asking me how I was doing, how was mom and grandma, work, it was odd.

"are you back for real or I'm dreaming this" I asked him.
"why, do you need me? " he replied sarcastically.

I fixed his tie, he got the dimple wrong.

"I had the weird sense I wasn't alone at home when I came back tonight, something just in the treshold of my sight, what where you doing in my room?" I said.

he just smiled.

"Looking around, quite a mess, you'll never change" he sighed.
"Now, You need to wake up, I'll tell you more tonight".

Everything turned white and El's face faded, he looks so much like me.

(Third Interruption). This time the sun hitting me in the face.

I was back at the street in front of the manhole, a nun was helping a pauper out of it, they smiled as if I were a stranger they just met an continued walking, the night was rainy and cold, the dream I was having when the nun intercepted me, continued...so I stopped it and wake up.

El ...when I was a kid was my first imaginary friend, my guardian demon...well, I don't believe in guardian demons and guardian angels anymore.

No comments: