Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Well, I don't have a car so I used the public transportation system...

/

I took a bus without looking the destination on it. It took me all the way down Via España, where the city’s hotels and banks are down to Calidonia, I hadn’t take this road since being a student, it was full of people doing their errands, buhoneros (that’s people that sell stuff in the street), the low income department stores, then up to Avenida Central, El Chorrillo, an older part of the city, with beautiful old buildings ,more people, old men playing chess or dominoes in the parks under the shadows of big trees, kids playing in the streets, it’s funny that in contrast the part of the city I live seems so calm and quite and this part of the city burst with life and activity, the bus now turned to return back to the Justo Arosemena avenue that would take me back trought the part of the city I live. I got as far as San Miguelito, from there the route goes to some place I’ve never been but I know it’s quite a dangerous place so I descended there. I though it was enough for a day and I’ll do this again on a weekend with more time to spare to follow the bus route all the way out to the outskirts of the city. But I enjoyed the ride and the thrill not knowing my destination.

No comments: