Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today I'm pursuing...Actionscript /Magento/Joomla/Oracle/Jasper Reports

-Reading a book on advanced actionscript techniques, it’s only 400 pages so I’ll probably would have it finished by this evening. This would allow me to exercise full creativity when creating flash since I won’t be restricted by technical shortcomings…
-Playing with a Magento installation. Magento is an new opensource webshop application with more features and a more updated look than my older favourite phpshop. I’m setting up a bookstore specialized on Vets for Jessy’s business.
-Playing with a Joomla installation, There are two future projects that would require a CMS and I still think Joomla would be overkill for the solution I’m asked to implement but if I can find a way to reduce complexity and allowing still the scale that joomla benefits from I’ll be able to give a full solution that won’t require costly upgrades later for the client.
-I’m trying new features of Jasper Reports against the oracle reports I must submit daily. An automated framework would be more flexible to my client that the monolithic one they have in place and that requires an expert doing all the coding.

No comments: